Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links
Raspberry Yuzu Facial Mask: A deep cleansing and exfoliating fresh facial made with yogurt and bentonite clay.
When it comes to exfoliation, I strongly believe in taking the gentle path. The natural acids and enzymes found in greek yogurt and fresh raspberries work to loosen dead skin cells without scratching or scouring the skin. That keeps this raspberry yuzu facial mask from damaging the skin while helping to enhance skin’s texture and glow.
Yuzu essential oil adds a pop of cheerful citrus to the mix. This delicate citrus oil is also believed to help tone the skin and promote dermal health. If you don’t have yuzu on hand, it’s fine to just leave it out. The main ingredients in this recipe have everything they need to get the job done.
Raspberry Yuzu Facial Mask
- 1/4 cup (60 g) plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup (35 g) fresh raspberries (tightly packed)
- 2 tablespoons (25 g) bentonite clay
- 1/8 teaspoon (0.65 ml) yuzu essential oil
- Combine yogurt and raspberries in small, non-metal bowl. Mash raspberries and whisk into yogurt until well blended.
- Add clay and essential oil and stir together using a non-metal utensil.
- Use right away, or refrigerate for up to 3 days.
Start with a clean face. Drape a damp, hot washcloth over your face to help steam open your pores. Apply mask liberally to your face and neck – avoiding sensitive areas like eyes, lips, and nostrils. Allow the mask to set for up to 15 minutes. If it starts to feel tight or itchy, remove it right away. Remove with a warm, moist cloth and follow with toner and moisturizer.