Austin Bakes for Harvey – a citywide charity bake sale to benefit hurricane victims.
Sometimes I think social media is the devil. Then it brings together nearly 100 people who want to bake cookies with me to help their fellow man, and I think maybe it’s not so bad after all.
Join me and an incredible team of home bakers, pastry chefs, small business owners, and all-around wonderful people on September 16 for Austin Bakes for Harvey, a citywide bake sale in Austin, Texas. All proceeds of this donation-based sale will go directly to Americares.
AmeriCares has a proven track record of success supporting disaster relief and is consistently ranked highly for their transparency and accountability, with 97% of all expenses going directly to support relief programs. You can find out more about Americares here.
How can you help?
We need bakers, shoppers, and influencers to help make this sale a success. Since our first sale in 2011, Austin Bakes has raised over $50,000 for humanitarian aid, and we have high hopes for raising a substantial amount of money for the victims of Hurricane Harvey.
- Sign up here to bake goodies for the sale or volunteer at a sale location. Bakers of all skill levels are encouraged to pitch in.
- RSVP to our Facebook event and invite all your local friends.
- Visit one of our sale locations on September 16 to make a donation and pick up some homemade goodies.
- Attend one of the many fundraising events and benefits across Austin happening in the coming weeks.
- Make a donation to Americares or one of the many organizations working to help hurricane victims.