Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links
20+ Candy-free Easter egg treat ideas for filling Easter baskets and Easter Eggs.
Easter can be a really fun holiday for little ones. The day is filled with special activities and surprises, like making bunny nests, going on egg hunts, and of course, discovering a basket full of goodies. Last year, when my son was finally old enough to participate in an egg hunt, it occurred to me that there might be a down-side to his success. Even a handful of candy-filled eggs would include way more sugar and food dye than I was comfortable with him consuming.
That got me thinking about filling the eggs with candy-free Easter treats instead. My Mom and I began looking for miniature toys, stickers, and games that would fit nicely inside the Easter Eggs. We still included some eggs filled with candy and chocolate, but having a mix of the two made me feel better about the whole thing. CC and his cousin were delighted to find tiny dinosaurs, bunny stickers, and bouncy balls inside their Easter eggs, and of course, the occasional Hershey’s Kiss.
I collected the following list of candy-free Easter treat ideas to help my fellow parents brainstorm their own low-candy or no-candy Easter baskets and egg hunts. The list includes plenty of products that are buyable and ready to go. I also put a few DIY projects on the list for those of us who are feeling crafty.
Candy-Free Easter Egg Treat Ideas
- Bouncy Balls (Amazon)
- Crayon Roll (Etsy)
- Easter Egg Puzzle (Red Barn Toys)
- Easter Crayons (Custom Crayons by Sara)
- Mini Trucks, Cars or Hotwheels (Amazon)
- Waldorf Knitted Chicks (Etsy)
- Rainbow Peg People (Etsy)
- Knitted Chipmunk (Etsy)
- Mini Animals, Dinosaurs, or Bugs (Amazon)
- Disney Mystery Minis (Amazon)
- Crocheted Finger Puppets (Etsy)
- Animal Memory Matching Game (Steph Hathaway Designs)
- Retro Bunny Stickers (Etsy)
- Waldorf Easter Bunnies (Etsy)
- Waldorf Hand Kite (Etsy)
- Egg Shaped Crayons (Amazon)
- Montessori Sorting Game (Etsy)
- Growing Dino Eggs (Amazon)
- DIY Surprise Dinosaur Bath Bombs (MMG)
- DIY Easter Egg Jelly Soaps (Mad in Crafts)
- DIY Marbled Soap Eggs (Earnest Home Co.)
How do you like to fill your kid’s Easter baskets and eggs? Share your suggestions in the comments below.