Toasted Coconut Coffee Scrub: an aromatic body scrub packed with natural goodness.
Whenever I host a DIY body scrub bar people gravitate toward the little bowl of ground coffee. It’s always the first ingredient to run out at a big event. More often than not, guests end up telling me how they’ve made coffee scrubs at home too – or that they received one as a gift from a crafty friend once upon a time.
Long story short – natural beauty fans LOVE coffee! And why not? Its rich aroma is a delicious treat for the senses! Coffee is also a popular spa ingredient for mobilizing cellulite, improving circulation, and amping up exfoliation. In short, it is a pretty much ideal additive for natural scrubs.
My Toasted Coconut Coffee Scrub recipe pairs ground coffee with plain sugar and apricot oil to create a simple base. These three ingredients make a fine scrub alone, but I thought it might be fun to add a second layer of scent and benefit by including fragrant virgin coconut oil and toasted coconut. If a regular coffee scrub is yum than this version is yum yum YUM.
Try not to eat it before you get to the shower.
Toasted Coconut Coffee Scrub
Makes a little more than 1/2 cup of scrub
- 1 tablespoon virgin coconut oil
- 1/4 cup apricot oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground coffee
- 1 tablespoon toasted shredded coconut
- Melt the virgin coconut oil using either a double boiler, a hot water bath, or by heating it in the microwave in short 15-second bursts.
- Combine the melted virgin coconut oil with the apricot oil and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the sugar, coffee, and shredded coconut.
- Stir in the oil blend and mix until fully combined.
- I like to use my body scrubs in the shower where they can be rinsed off easily. Start by rinsing off your skin with warm water.
- Now apply the scrub liberally to your arms, legs, and torso in a gentle circular motion – sort of like you are giving yourself a nice massage! If you have a shower buddy ask them to give your back the same treatment. (Pro Tip: Shower buddies make exfoliation SO much easier!)
- After you are thoroughly scrubbed simply rinse with warm water. You can follow the scrub with soap as well if you’d like or just leave the residual oil on your skin as a moisturizer.