Thirsty yet? This quickie cocktail recipe came to mind while I was dreaming up ways to use my Ginger-Lime Simple Syrup. Mint, Rum, and Ginger make a better threesome than Jack, Janet, and Chrissy. This drink involves a little muddling, but if you don’t have a fancy cocktail muddler, don’t despair. You can do what I did, use the back of a wooden spoon to smash the syrup and mint leaves together.
Pro Tip: This tastes best with crushed ice. If you don’t have an ice-crusher on your fridge, try smashing the ice inside of a ziplock bag, or between two kitchen towels. I used a meat tenderizer to smash it good.
Ginger Mojito CocktailsMakes one eight-ounce drink
- 1 ounce Ginger-Lime Simple Syrup
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint leaves
- the juice of 1/2 a lime
- ice, enough to fill the glass
- 1 ounce white rum
- 6 ounces club soda
- 1 sprig of mint and 1 wedge of lime (to garnish)
- Combine the syrup, mint leaves, and lime juice in the bottom of a tall glass.
- Muddle the ingredients together by grinding the leaves with a muddler or the handle of a wooden spoon.
- Fill the glass with ice.
- Add the rum, followed by the club soda.
- Garnish with a wedge of lime and a sprig of mint.
Love this recipe? Help me out by sharing it with your friends!